Miss Smile, as a specialist in the English language learning, indicates several advices easy to follow that can help your children to embrace what they have learnt during the class when our educators are not with them. Parents can help:
- Encouraging your children when they talk in English, ignoring their small mistakes.
- Asking your children for “teaching you in English” and showing you what they are learning with the educator.
- spending some time with them listening and watching child programmes in English as well as the videos and songs recommended by┬áMiss Smile.
Parents must avoid:
- Force the children to talk in English if they do not want to do so.
- The situations in which they can feel inhibited, such as making them show what they know in English in front of relatives and friends.
- Precipitate. First and foremost, they must learn and assimilate. We do not have to worry, when they feel confident they will start to talk in English. They might surprise you when they begin to say words in English while they are playing or doing other tasks.
- Ask your children to translate. This is bad for their learning because we expect them to talk and think in English and this is possible when they do not try to translate.
Please, feel free to contact us for any doubt. In Smile at home we are always at your complete disposal. Smile at home, “learning English with a smile”.